These 5 keyword research tools are the best of what is available. Most of those who successfully earn passive income online use these tools as their bread and butter.
The First tool on the list of the 5 Best Keyword Research Tools is Market Samurai. Market Samurai has features that help users speed up the Search Engine Optimization process, and expand the reach and rankings of their websites.
Here are some of the things Market Samurai has to offer:
- Market Samurai lets you find keywords that are related to the seed keyword that you entered. You can also search for information such as CPC data and relevant domains.
- The Content Finder Feature of Market Samurai allows you to look for content on the web relevant to the keyword that you typed in.
- Market Samurai makes posting new blogs easy. You can create new documents, and publish them to your blogs by linking them to Market Samurai.
- The Monetization Module allows you to find good ad opportunities, build ads, and publish them quickly.
- The Promotion module of Market Samurai will help you find great places to post that will help you generate traffic for your site.
Before you take the plunge, here are some things to think about:
- Arguably, it takes more time to get additional data for keywords than it does for other services.
Buy Now: Market Samurai. Starting at $149, this is a very worthy one-time investment.
Wouldn’t it be cool if to know how your competitors go about their business? Wouldn’t it be great if you could adjust your action plan based on how/and what your competitors are doing?
SEMrush gives you the chance to do just that.
Here are some of the reasons why this service is awesome:
- It allows you to analyze your websites to see how you are doing in terms of ranking for particular keywords in organic and/or ad ranking results.
- You can see how your competitors are doing by looking at the same kind of data that you get when analyzing your own websites.
- The Domain Vs. Domain feature allows you to directly compare your website/s and those of your competitors.
- You can get reports for domains, specific pages with specific URLs , or reports for specific keywords.
- When you search for a particular keyword, SEMrush will give you matching phrases and related keywords to help you find the ones that will place you competitively in search results.
- Semrush has great reporting and technical tools such as daily position tracking, the domain keyword comparison tool, a tool that allows you to build your own charts, and a tool that lets you conduct site audits.
- Gives you in-depth AdSense and Backlinks Data
SEMrush is a great competitors research tool that allows you to stay on top of your game. However, there are some things you might want to consider if you’re thinking of using this service:
- There is a free version, but it limits you to 10 search options a day.
- The pro version boosts you to 3000 searches per day, but represents a significant investment.
- If you are a business owner who needs more than 10 searches per day, your only option is to go for the pro version, even if you don’t need to do 3000 searches per day.
- Again, it represents a significant investment, so it might not be ideal for small-time bloggers or business owners
Time is money; wasted time equals wasted money. Another tool on our list of the 5 Best Keyword Research Tools is Long Tail Pro. This service gives you most of the features that you usually find in any competitive Keyword Research Tool, but it does what others do in a fraction of the time.
Here are some of the things that make Long Tail Pro stand out from the competition:
- While other tools can only handle one search at a time, Long Tail Pro allows you to search for multiple keywords at the same time.
- Aside from searching for additional keywords from multiple seed keywords at the same time, you have the option to get additional info like average CPC, ad competition, and domain availability in a fraction of the time it would take to do the same thing using other services/tools.
- Filters help you narrow down your search results to the keywords that really matter to you.
- Get in-depth information that lets you see if it is easy to rank for a particular keyword.
On the other hand, there are some things you ought to note:
- Though you can go for the one time pro subscription, some of the best features are only available if you pay an additional fee per month and subscribe to the platinum service.
If you are looking for an fast and efficient keyword research tool, this is one of the best out there. Long Tail Pro starts at $97 as a one-time purchase with an additional $17 a month for platinum.
Aside from having great keyword research tools, the paid version of WordStream has an array of tools that allow you to create and manage your PPC campaigns, while still enhancing the versatility of the keyword tools offered in the free version.
The free version of Wordstream offers the following tools:
- Keyword Tools- This tool lets you find niches, group keywords, find related keywords, and identify keywords that are not relevant to your search.
Though the free version offers lots of potential, the paid version pumps up the free option and also give you a wider array of tools to choose from:
- Keyword Suggestion Tool- This tool allows you to enter in a keyword, and get up to 10,000 results. The tool will also suggest relevant words and synonyms which you can add to your base keyword.
- Spy on Competition Tool- This tool helps you monitor the competition by allowing you to check a website and get keywords that are relevant to the said site.
- Manage your PPC Campaign- With this, you can create campaigns, optimize the money you spend, and convert the clicks you are getting into paying customers.
These are some of the most prominent benefits that wordstream offers.
The biggest disadvantage with WordStream is the price. Because of the price of wordstream, it is a tool that is only a good option for a big business or group.
However, if you can afford it, the features of WordStream make it completely worth the price. Plans for this service start at $249 a month.
Freshkey is a tool that was developed with the net-savvy entrepreneur in mind. Often called, “The ultimate buyer spy tool”, Freshkey does the research that would have taken you hours in less than a minute.
Here are some of the best things about it:
- It helps you find winning niches on that you never imagined existed.
- Aside from Amazon, Freshkey supports multiple search engines like Google, YouTube, Bing, Ebay, and Wikipedia. This way, you can compare data from different sites.
- Even if you aren’t selling online, you can still use it to look for trending keywords and ideas for you blogs or PPC campaigns.
- You only have to pay for Freshkey once. Afterwards, you can enjoy free software updates and support for the rest of your life.
While there are lots of pros, here are some things you might want to consider:
- Because Freshkey was developed primarily for people selling online, it might not have some functions that you might find on other keyword research tools.
Although Freshkey does have a few disadvantages, the great features of this software more than offset the disadvantages that it has. Start finding profitable niches today for $49.95.
Free Keyword Research Tools
The reason that we mostly recommend paid sites or software is because their services are almost always much better than free keyword research tools. However, It all depends upon what you need the keyword research for.
If you are simply a blogger who writes as a means to express your ideas online, then the free keyword research tools will definitely be enough for you.
But, if you’re a serious blogger or business owner looking for the right niche to enter and what language your customers are using, then do consider availing of these paid services. These products will give you a great return on your investments.
The Perfect Tool: Beyond the 5 Best Keyword Research Tools
Generally speaking, there is no one tool that is perfect for everyone. What I mean is that, whether a tool is perfect or not, depends entirely upon the person you are asking.
Some tools are developed with features that are most useful to online business people, while others are for writers or bloggers trying to make their blogs rank in organic search engine results.
Whatever your need may be, we certainly hope that this list of the 5 Best Keyword Research Tools helped you. Whether it’s in this list or not, keep looking; there’s a perfect tool out there for everyone.