In this WP Touch review we dig into why many successful bloggers use this mobile plugin to make their blogs mobile-friendly.
What is WPTouch Pro?
WPTouch Pro is a plugin for WordPress that is an upgrade from the original free plugin, WPTouch.
What is WordPress? h2>
WordPress is a CMS and open source tool designed for blogging. WordPress is free to use and it is used by bloggers all over the globe. It is the most used and most popular blogging tool on the web. WordPress has more than 60 million websites made from its system. WordPress is a free and open source tool, which simply means that it is not only free to use, but it is also free to copy, change, and study. The source code is shared openly in order to encourage people to boost the software’s design. WordPress is also a CMS, which stands for content management system. That means that WordPress is a type of computer app that lets the user be allowed to edit, publish, and modify the content. The user is also able to organize, delete, and maintain everything from a central interface. Content management systems produce a collaborative community for the flow of work. CMSs are generally utilized as a means to run websites that contain or consist of content such as:
- and shopping
The founders of WordPress are Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. These two men released WordPress on May 27th of 2003.
WP Touch Plugin
The free version of WPTouch is a mobile plugin that goes along with WordPress. It is meant to gives the user and elegant and simple theme for their WordPress website. This tools is designed for the mobile visitors that the user has. WPtouch lets the user be able to:
- Customize the appearance of their site
- Provide mobile visitors with a user-friendly site
- Give the mobile visitor a fast mobile version of the site
- Avoid changing any of the code on the desktop version
- Let the visitors flip between mobile and desktop themes
WPTouch Mobile Themes
WPTouch Pro has two mobile theme options for the user to choose from to use on their website.
This particular theme automatically adjusts based on the detected screen size of the device that the visitor is using to view your website. This option is especially helpful for blogs that are made with a more simple and straightforward design.
Server side solution
The other mobile theme option in this plugin is the server side solution. This theme goes off of the type of device that the visitor is using for your website.
Features of WPTouch Pro
When using this powerful and updated pro version of WPtouch, you are able to do the following things:
- Fully use the options of customization
- Support iPad
- Access threaded comments and inline replies
- Customize your ads
These are just a few of the things that can be done with the purchase of WPtouch Pro.
WPTouch Pro Price
There are three different options with this Pro version
- $49 is for the Pro Single. Pro Single is good for only one website.
- $99 is for the Pro 5 Pack. This plan is good for you to five different websites at once
- $199 is for the Pro Developer plan. This means that the user can download this plugin for an unlimited amount of websites.
Along with the features of WPtouch Pro, each of these plans come with other features that are mainly designed for the user instead of the website visitor. This includes:
- 7- day money back guarantee
- Product support
- Free upgrades whenever the plugin gets updated by the creators
- Access to guides and help as to how to use it to its full potential
However, the Developer License differ from the other plans in more ways than just the price. The user that purchases this plan will also receive extra features such as:
All of the prices listed above are a one-time deal. It is also good to note that BraveNewCode, which is the creator of the plugin, is a company based out of Canada. Therefore, all of the prices are in Canadian dollars
Pros vs Cons
- It is very user-friendly
- It is fast for both the user and the visitor
- The pay amount is a one-time thing instead of being annual or monthly
- There are more options for customizing
- It is easy to use
- It can support iPad
- With the responsive theme, one of the cons is that it is not great with large websites. It has the tendency to slow down your website.
- Another issue with the responsive theme is that for large website, there might be too much scrolling for the visitor to do because there is a lot of content.
Why is WPTouch necessary
This plugin focuses on the mobile visitors of your website, which is a big deal as the use of tablet and smartphones continues to blossom. Here are some of the statistics that show why mobile capability should be taken into consideration and made available on websites like yours.
- Over 10 percent of browsing on the web is done through the use of tablets and smartphones
- In the United States, 55 percent of mobile device users utilize the mobile web
- 17 percent of people do most of their browsing of mobile devices
In the end, it is obvious that this is an efficient and helpful plugin. The free version is already the most popular plugin for WordPress. It has more than 4 million downloads. WPtouch Pro is an even better upgrade to an already successful and amazing product.